There is a reason your restaurant is always packed. You have amazing food and an amazing staff!! Everything was perfect from beginning to end. Anthony was so kind and attentive along with the entire wait staff and bartender! Our guests all had a wonderful time and raved about the food. I appreciate all that you did to make it a memorable day!! We look forward to spending more time at your restaurant and recommending it to everyone we know. I hope we have a reason to have another event there soon!! Many, many thanks to you Anthony and the staff. Your excellence and attention to detail is greatly appreciated.
Linda Ritrovato, Geneva, IL
We chatted briefly a few weeks ago when my wife and I were having dinner in your fabulous restaurant. I’m the guy with the stiff neck who always orders the vintage Italian Chopped Salad and your friendly kitchen staff always accommodates us.
My recent meal choices have been Asiago stuff Gnocchi along with a side of meatballs. Tonight I tried something new, something I had not ordered before. I had the Arancini Mozzarella along with the Pork Belly… Fabulous! A great combination; everything was perfect. I’ll probably order the same thing next time if I don’t try the pork dumplings + sausage.
In any case, keep up the good work. You are a tremendous asset to our community along with being the best restaurant in Chicagoland.
No response necessary, just wanted you to know about tonight’s dinner. – Mille Grazie
- “You Gus have the BEST food ever!!!!!!!” – 7 year old Wesley visiting with his family
- “Sandy, I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for sending the coins – it was not necessary but much appreciated. It’s always refreshing to work with a company like yourselves with integrity and a great sense of partnership! We have enjoyed working alongside the Fire + Wine team and look forward to building our relationship for many years to come. Have a great day! Best, Helen Giagkou Buivid”
- “My experience was better than expected. The meal was WORTH THE WAIT! The atmosphere was very private yet the restaurant very busy. The food tasted authentic.” – Nicholas B., Wheaton
- “The food was excellently prepared and fresh. The wine was also delightful! Thank you for your great staff and attention to detail!” – Rachel W., Glen Ellyn
- “Valerie was great. Excellent service! We’ll be back again! Service is what makes or breaks a restaurant. Well done! – Anon
- “Valerie ROCKED and Anthony is a class act! Cannot do any better than fire + wine!” – Anon
- “Keith is a super, super waiter! His recommendations were superb. He has the warmth of a hot, tropical sunset. A Keeper!” –Cathy S., Wheaton
- Best experience of the last 7 years of my life!!! WOW!!! SUPERB! My brain just exploded! – Hannah, Wheaton
- “Best service in the area. Friendly, courteous, knowledgeable. You know how to treat customers and run a business!” – Dave, Glen Ellyn
- “Our first time. Great service throughout! We waited 45 minutes for a table for 2 but bartenders and hostesses were so accommodating and our server, Keith, was perfect – honest recommendations and knowledgeable. Will definitely return!” – Jillian, Glen Ellyn
- “We first came here because we had heard about it. Service was the smartest we’ve ever had! Food and drinks are ALL great… but the SERVICE is the best! (Love your cocktails – inventive – unique. Haven’t had a bad meal/menu item – INNOVATIVE CHEF!!)” – Carol
- “Our 5 year old said, “They have really good service here!” She tells us everything!” -Anon
- “Food – Outstanding. Service – Outstanding +++ Valerie was the best server I’ve had in 10 years!!!” – Anon, Glen Ellyn
- “Michael, every time I dine at your restaurant, whether with my grandson or my friends, my experience has been exceptional. Thank you!” – Debby
- “I wish I could eat here every day!!” – 12 year old foodie-in-training
- “The Butterscotch Budino is so amazing that when I got some on my scarf, I licked it off! Yes – this dessert prompted inappropriate behavior. O.M.G. I’ll be back soon! Brian is great! Thanks for everything!” – S. Grobe, Mount Prospect
- “Hi Michael, we had an incredible time. Everyone loved the food and the service was absolutely amazing. My brother-in-law is from Manhattan and you never know if those folks think Manhattan is the best BUT he agrees with me that Fire + Wine can compete with any restaurant in any city. He was singing the praises of the food, decor, ambiance, etc. I think he is jealous you aren’t in Manhattan. My college girlfriends are coming in town Saturday and we are already planning to go to Fire + Wine. Thank you! Thank you! For making it such a great experience!” – April
- “I grew up in an Italian family and have been cooking since I was seven years old. I am now 74 and am an extremely good cook. I have NEVER been in a restaurant where the Italian cooking was better than mine. I could not duplicate the exquisite I have had here. We will certainly return! – Mary Anne
- “One of a kind! Not our last visit. First timers, we loved everything. GREAT MENU!! – Eric Tortorella
- “GREAT date night meal! The service was spectacular, food delicious & dessert yummy. We’ll definitely be back, and more often than once a year!” – Christine Walsh
- “Mike, I just wanted to send you kudos on continuing to provide Glen Ellyn with the finest cuisine in town. We are always greeted with a smile and an eagerness to accommodate us. The wait staff and kitchen are spot on, delivering drinks, appetizers, and entrees perfectly prepared and timely. Mike I just can’t find words that express how pleased we have been with Flour and Wine except to say that singlehanded you have raised the cuisine level in Glen Ellyn. Good luck in the future and we will return soon for another helping of the best of Glen Ellyn.” – Frank And Leigh Georgell
- “Peg & I had a wonderful time for her birthday at Flour & Wine (our new favorite restaurant) in quaint downtown Glen Ellyn. The atmosphere is casual city like with nice brick and wood decor. Everything we had to eat was wonderful but the Burrata pizza was outstanding, Peg’s gonna dream about it until we go back and have it again. Compliments to the Chef, he could be a “Chopped” champion. Great wine list and craft beer list are also available. Michael made us feel as if we were in his own home. Such a wonderfully happy place to spend some time with friends with.” – Dave S., Plainfield
- “I can’t say enough about my excellent experience at Flour + Wine!!! Anthony and our server were very attentive and personable, and the food was absolutely fabulous!!!! I’m still craving the shrimp and pesto pasta entree that delighted my palate the night my husband Ed and I were treated to a culinary feast!!! We live in Nebraska, but if ever presented with the opportunity to visit this charming restaurant again, we would certainly jump at the chance to experience such dining excellence!!! It truly was a magical treat!!!” – Mary S. (Lincoln, NE)
- “My wife and I dined there for the first time last Saturday evening and the food and atmosphere was fantastic. I cannot wait to eat the Grilled Romaine again!” – Brian (West Chicago)
- “We enjoy the laid back environment as well as the menu + wine selections and friendly, efficient wait staff!” – Aurea C. (Wheaton)
- “This was wonderful!! Great food, better service. Can’t wait to come back. I hope Dennis is our server again.” – Anne B. (Naperville)
- “My go-to place for dinner every Sunday. Awesome food and service.Don’t change anything!” -Steve (Warrenville)
- “This was my first time at Flour and Wine and it was a great experience. The food was all amazing and our server, Kate, was very attentive. The restaurant also has a great atmosphere. We were very pleased with our dining experience and will definitely be back!” -Ellen (Aurora)
- “Awesome food! Great service! Lovely Staff! Cool atmosphere!” –Jackie H. (Glen Ellyn)
- “Been here twice and were impressed both times with the food and the service. Welcoming atmosphere. We’ll be back!” – Marty K. (Wheaton)
- “Hope you’re here forever! This is now my favorite restaurant. Thanks for bringing back Linguini & Clams… my favorite dish!” – Dave J. (Glen Ellyn)
- “Food was great- we are city girls with high standards! Well done!”
- “A++ – Great atmosphere, service was attentive but not overbearing. Pizza was phenomenal. New favorite restaurant!” – Jeannie C. (Glendale Heights)
- “Don’t change a thing! Looking forward to many more nights…” -Penny R. (Glen Ellyn)
- “Dinner was delicious! So glad you made it a family-friendly spot!” -Margie W.
- “I love this place- the food is excellent! My friend is soo picky and was able to enjoy the menu! Will be back…” -Kristina F. (Bartlett)
- “Mike, Anthony & Brian- you have a wonderful staff, a fine menu… well executed and terrific attention to detail!” -Pat D. (Glen Ellyn)
- “Great place; developing a great reputation in Glen Ellyn. Owner understands client service.” – Andrew S.
- “Wonderful! Food, wine, beer excellent. Atmosphere- warm, welcoming, comfortable. Service- on point, helpful, attentive! Thanks!” -Dominica K. (Wheaton)
- “Service was excellent! Food was fresh, perfect temp. and beautiful presentation.”